Well folks its finally here the next generation Canon 5D named Canon 5D Mark II. After waiting years for the release Canon have released what is more than likely the most anticipated camera in years. The Canon 5D Mark II
Below are some of the specs.
– 21.1MP CMOS-wide Picture
– DIGIC4 chip
– 3.9 fps Continuous
– 9 point AF AF system. All cross-sensitive to focus + 6assists
– ISO 100-6400
– ISO expansion (L50, H1 12800, H2 25600)
– Viewfinder 98% rate outlook
– 3.0 920,000-pixel LCD (UCC with reflective coating)
– Live View
– 150,000 shutter durability
– AF for movie mode
– Can shoot still image during movie mode
– HD Movie Mode stereo recording up to 29 minutes FULLHD
– 14-bit RAW (21.10Mpx. SRaw1 (10Mpx). SRaw2 (5.2Mpx)
– AF-focus adjustment
– Automatic dust removal system.
– No built-in flash
– 810 grams weight
– Magnesium alloy construction
I have also read it will be able to take images in the 16:9 format, strange if true but also quite handy if true. The build in HD movie facility is another strange one, but I guess we all know where this is going eventually. A little disappointed with the 9 point AF system and the shutter life of only 150,000. What I really like about this is the raw format of RAW: Approx. 25.8MB (5616 x 3744 pixels) Thats got to be a great thing.
Check out some of the image and HD movie samples here
Check out this HD Video shot on the new Canon 5D Mark II …. Quite impressive I must say.
Here is the full moon shot now showing the full image of the 5D Mrk II in all its glory. I am glad they kept the brand 5D and never went the 3D or 7D.
The BODY only price is under what I thought it would retail for at just under US$2700
Estimated arrival dates in the stores. Mid November 2008 Anyone interested in a mark I ? 🙂